- Address: Ammoudara, Heraklion
- Postal code (ZIP): 714 14
- City/Location: Heraklion - Crete
- Phone: +30 2810 821602
Amoudara is a small holiday village in the prefecture of Heraklion, located on the second-longest, flat sandy beach of Crete. Along the main thoroughfare you will find a variety of souvenir shops, supermarkets, bars, nightclubs, restaurants, hotels, studios and apartments.
A regular bus service connects the village to Heraklion (~7Km), the focal point of tourism and commerce throughout the island, serving locals and tourists through the city’s port and international airport.
It is worth mentioning that our hotel is very close to various points of interest, including:
- the archaeological sites at Knossos (~7Km) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knossos), Phaistos (~30Km) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phaistos) and Tilissos (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tylissos)
- El Greco Museum, located in Fodele village (~3Km) (http://www.psfodele.gr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=102&Itemid=59&lang=en)
- the Cretan traditional village of Rogdia with the nearby monastery of Savatiana (or Savvathiana)
- the small town of Gazi (~2Km) with its archaeological museum, shops, bars and restaurants
- the University General Hospital (http://www.pagni.gr/) and the Foundation for Research and Technology (http://www.forth.gr/).